Summary of Qualifications
• 20 years of creative vision and logistical production experience in scripted, unscripted and live programming for broadcast, home video, internet, multi-platform and theatrical exhibition.
• Proficient and experienced in running shows and managing teams of 2 to 200.
• Expert at maximizing content quantity and quality from limited source material.
• Resourceful in bringing more value to the screen, whatever screen, at any budget.
• Proficient in creating and adhering to schedules and budgets.
• Award winning Producer. “Best Live Action DVD Premiere” from Variety magazine for the Miramax release “Comic Book: The Movie” (2005).
BoingBoing.net (8/09 – Present)
• Responsible for the creation of original video programming for popular award-winning blog site. Content regularly featured by YouTube, The Huffington Post and in Time Magazine.
• Produce “Boing Boing TV”, an in-flight channel on Virgin America Air.
MavTV/The Single Life (4/09 – 12/09)
• Executive Produced a talk show for MavTV, an HD tier cable network. Elements included talk, roll-in segments and behind the scenes material.
• Responsible for creative, technical, logistical, promo/marketing materials and delivery.
• Developed and executed successful social network marketing strategies for the show.
3Mac Studios (5/07 – 10/08)
• Served as in-house Producer for independent company focused on production and distribution of theatrical films.
• Responsible for overall creative vision including generating ideas, giving notes, story structure, and casting.
• Responsible for schedules, budgets and long range planning on multiple projects.
• Supported marketing department with creation of trailers, short form video and print materials.
• Line Producer and Post Producer on $2M feature film “Red Velvet” starring Henry Thomas.
• Responsible for maintaining relationships with unions including SAG, IATSE and the Teamsters.
• Co-created with marketing department social network presence and strategies.
Producer (Freelance) (06/00 – Present)
• Executive Produced and/or Produced a wide range of projects from short Internet videos to theatrical feature films (list available on request).
• Provided creative vision and guidance for all projects by generating ideas, giving notes, overseeing casting and following project through to completion.
• Produced screenwriter (multiple feature films – list available on request).
• Accomplished video editor using Final Cut Pro.
• Proficient in scheduling and budgeting feature films, television and Internet features from “no budget” to $3 Million while always bringing more value to the screen than the given budget.
• Hands on in all aspects of physical production and post production.
Creative Light Entertainment (7/01 – 12/05)
• Produced multiple feature films, documentaries, television and Internet videos. Responsible for all aspects of these projects from generating initial ideas to development through production and delivery.
• Wrote several movies and Internet series.
• Delivered multiple productions to major studios (SONY, Miramax, Disney, etc.)
• Helped build 2 successful Internet businesses (WilliamShatner.com, TheFishbowl.com).
• Won a producing award for “Best Live Action DVD Premiere” from Variety magazine for the Miramax release “Comic Book: The Movie” (2005) directed by Mark Hamill.
• Supervised office staff and multiple freelancers.
Bogorad-Wyler Productions (12/00 – 7/01)
V.P. Development and Production
• Generated and developed multiple show ideas for reality TV company.
• Responsible for creation of all pitch materials including power-point decks, one sheets and video reels.
Danni’s Hard Drive (12/99 – 12/00)
• Ran digital studio for the first popular R-rated web site. Produced weekly features and live events for Internet broadcast to 25,000 paid members.
• Wrote, produced, directed and edited video features.
• Built home video department for VHS and DVD distribution.
• Supervised multiple freelancers and visual effects artists.
• Responsible for all aspects of these projects from development to delivery.
Playboy TV (7/91 – 12/99)
• Show runner on over 2,000 hours of television programming including scripted, reality, hosted clip shows, live events, movies and specials. Responsible for all aspects of programming from generating initial creative vision and development through production and delivery.
• Co-created and developed “Night Calls”, Playboy TV’s most popular/well-known TV series, which immediately lifted “buys” by 30%, ran for 10 years and was formatted internationally.
• Set up production infrastructure for Playboy TV UK including the creation of original productions shot in London.
• Created multiple successful marketing campaigns and promotional tours for specific programs.
• Supervised multiple freelancers.
• Launched the career of Jenny McCarthy with the music video show “Playboy’s Hot Rocks” which she hosted for 2 years and brought her to the attention of MTV.
S.U.N.Y. Albany Albany, NY
• Proficient in Final Cut Pro, Final Draft, Microsoft Office programs, EP Scheduling and EP Budgeting. Basic skills in HTML and Dreamweaver.
• Proficient in working with all current tape and chip based HD formats.
• Team leader with the ability to manage schedules, budgets and deadlines.
• 20-year track record of delivering superior results.